This is one of my favorite recipes from my 21 Day Transformational Nutrition Cleanse. Chili is a wonderful option when you are looking for a quick, simple, nutritious recipe. You can load in lots of veggies and have enough to serve a family or have leftovers for the next day!
Yep! It’s Veggie Chili
- large pot
- 3 ears corn or 10oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups cooked kidney beans or 15oz can, rinsed and drained
- 4 large tomatos diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp sea salt Celtic is one of the best types
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup high quality protein (grass-fed groud beef, ground turkey) OPTIONAL
- Heat a large pot over meadium heat and add the oil and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the corn, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers and cover pot.
- Turn heat to love and simmer for ~30 minutes.
- Add more salt to taste and enjoy!