As winter approaches I find myself craving soothing, warm beverages I can cozy up with. This recipe is particularly wonderful because of its bright yellow-orange color and frothy texture!
Although fancy flavored coffee drinks from chain cafes may be tempting, they can be loaded in sugar and other chemicals like artificial flavors and colorings. Skip the toxin-laden (and expensive) store bought lattes and enjoy this tasty treat with all of its anti-inflammatory and digestive health benefits instead!
This Golden Latte is made with turmeric, the spice that gives curry its yellow color. Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, a potent antioxidant with powerful anti-inflammatory effects. It is best absorbed in the body when combined with perperine (found in black pepper) and a bit of fat (because curcumin is a fat soluble compound).
Golden Milk Latte
- ¼ cup turmeric
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups almond milk could also use coconut or oat milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- pepper add to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Cook turmeric and water for 7-10 minutes to make a paste
- Store paste in a jar and refridgerate
- Combine 2 tsp of turmeric paste with the rest of ingredients in a small pot
- Cook 7-10 minutes on medium heat
- Pour into your favorite coffee cup, and top with a dash of cinnamon and turmeric
- Sip and enjoy!
Have you had a golden latte before? If not, try this one and let me know how you like it below!