In an effort to save time and keep my meals nutritious during my busy workweek, I am constantly planning ahead. I pack my lunch the night before and place it, ready to go in my lunchbox, in the fridge. As for breakfast – although I prefer to cook breakfast, early morning alarms and a long work commute make cooking chaotic and time consuming.
This recipe has been one of my favorites for years. I make it all the time as part of my regular meal prepping and mix up the ingredients to get a variety. These are not only great for adults, but are perfect for little hands too!
The eggs serve as a great source of protein and healthy fats* to stabilize your blood sugar and help keep you full all morning. The vegetables are a great source of fiber and micronutrients. This is also a great way to get an additional serving (or two) of vegetables in each day!
*Eggs from organic, free-range chickens have TWICE the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in them compared to conventional eggs.
Here is the recipe:
8 organic, free-range eggs
1 zucchini (green or yellow)
1 sweet onion
oregano or seasonings of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Scramble 6 eggs in a medium size bowl.
- Dice 1/2 the sweet onion and 7-10 tomatoes. Add to the scramble.
- Spiralize then lightly chop OR grate the zucchini then add to the mixture.
- Using a muffin tin, grease 8-10 cups or line with paper cups. Spoon mixture into tins and bake for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.